How to FIX: Nvidia High Definition Audio no sound/not working.
How can I fix Nvidia High Definition Audio not working?
1. Change the audio output device
- Right-click Sound icon in the Notification area and open Playback devices.
2. Highlight the preferred device and Set as Default.
3.Right-click Digital Audio/Monitor/HDMI and select Disable from the menu.
- Click OK and check for changes.
Once you set your speakers as the default playback device, the issue should be completely resolved.
2. Rollback audio drivers
- Right-click the Start button and choose Device Manager from Win + X menu.
2.Navigate to Sound, video and game controllers. Right-click Realtek HD Audio driver and choose Properties from the menu.
3.In the Driver tab, click the Roll Back Driver button.
- That should bring back the previous version and possibly fix your sound issues.
Sometimes, GPU drivers will change the default audio output device to HDMI instead of speakers or headphones. Luckily, you can easily recover default settings by applying the above steps.
However, if the problem is persistent, move down to the next solution.